34th Annual Salmonid Restoration Conference FAQs
Wednesday and Thursday workshops and field tours are 9am to 5pm on April 6-7. Field tours promptly depart at 9am, so please come to the facility early to pick up your registration packet and pack a lunch for the day. Vans are provided for field tours.
The concurrent sessions on Friday and Saturday, April 8-9, begin at 9am and generally go until 5pm.
SRF has an Open Call for Abstracts. Presenter abstracts were due on November 9, 2015. Session coordinators and workshop coordinator select the abstracts that are the best fit for their particular session or workshop. SRF discourages presentations that have already at our annual conference. If for some reason your abstract is not selected, please consider presenting during the conference poster session.
The Poster Session is 7-10 pm on Friday, April 8 at the River Lodge. This annual event is open to all conference attendees and is a great venue to network with your peers. There is no cost to attend or present a poster. We encourage posters, pamphlet distribution, software exhibits, and multimedia (video) presentations.
If you would like to present during the Poster Session, click here to pre-register.
SRF Presents Awards for Outstanding Achievements in the Salmonid Restoration Field including the Restorationist of the Year award, the Lifetime Achievement award and the Golden Pipe award for Innovation in the restoration filed. To nominate someone, please specify which award you are nominating them for and submit 200 words describing the accomplishments of the nominee by January 8, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closest hotels to the River Lodge are the Redwood Riverwalk Hotel, the Best Western, and Comfort Inn & Suites:
Sold Out: The Best Western is offering 30 Double Queens for $90, and 10 Kings for $90. This hotel includes a full hot breakfast, free wi-fi, and a heated pool. The group code is SRF. Please call the hotel directly at (707) 725-6822 in order to get the discounted rate.
The Comfort Inn and Suites is offering double and king rooms for $85 that includes free parking, wi-fi, heated pool and jacuzzi, and full hot breakfast. Their rooms have recently been renovated. To make a reservation at SRF's group rate, contact the hotel directly at (707) 725-7025 and tell them you are using the "LDANA" rate with the Salmonid Restoration Federation group block. The hotel will honor the discount until the group block is sold out.
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel includes a full hot breakfast, free wi-fi, a heated pool. The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel group block is currently sold out. To make a reservation at the hotel's rate, contact the Riverwalk directly at (707) 725-5500.
Space is limited for the field tours and the Cabaret and Banquet. The Banquet always sells out in Fortuna so please get your tickets in advance. We encourage advanced registration to ensure that you can go on the field tour of your choice and attend the Banquet. The Banquet includes a wild Copper River salmon dinner, local wine and beer, the awards ceremony, a Cabaret, and a great dance band.
You may register via the following methods:
- Register online and make a secure payment with PayPal
- Fill out the registration form and fax it with your payment information to (707) 923-3135
- Mail your registration form and payment to the SRF office: PO Box 784, Redway, CA 95560
- E-mail your registration form and payment information to email@example.com.
- If you e-mail, mail, or fax your registration form to SRF, you may opt to call the SRF office to provide your credit card number over the phone at (707) 923-7501.
The Conference Agenda and Registration Form is available as a PDF. If you wish to register by e-mail, mail, or fax, this is the form that you will use.
Registration on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (April 6-9, 2016) includes lunch, either at the facility if you are staying on site or a packed lunch if you are going on a field tour.
Evening meals during the conference are optional on the following dates:
- Thursday, April 7: The SRF Annual Membership Meeting and Dinner begins at 5:15pm. Please purchase tickets in advance and they may be available at the door. Free beer is included at the membership dinner!
- Friday, April 8: Appetizers will be available during the Conference Poster Session from 7-10pm. Wine and beer will be for sale.
- Saturday, April 9: The Annual Conference Banquet and Cabaret is a conference highlight. The SRF banquet in Fortuna always sells out. Please purchase your tickets in advance to ensure a banquet ticket.
All meals will feature locally sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible.
SRF will contact you to see if you would like to sign up for another workshop or tour or transfer your registration to one of your colleagues. If a refund is necessary, there will be a $25 transaction fee and you may not receive your refund until after the conference.